Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gaomei Beach


Here are a few pictures from my bike ride this afternoon. I enjoyed just cruising around town today - there is certainly always a lot to look at .


It seems as though temples are as common as lost shoes






This little path leads to the temple in the photo above.


It's always surprising what you'll find on the side of the road


Dylan took us to Gaomei beach this afternoon to watch the sunset. The beach is about 45 minutes from our apartment. When we heard we were going to the beach we packed swimsuits and assumed we were playing in the water and building sandcastles. On our way there Joel asked Dylan if he brought his swimsuit and Dylan said no, that we will not swim, that we will just look. When Joel asked more questions Dylan said "I'll show you". Dylan is famous for saying "I'll show you" and "I'll explain later" when we ask questions about plans. We understood when we got there. Gaomei Beach is actually 300 hectares of wetlands. In the summer the grasses are very tall but as you can see in the picture the grass is very sparse and short. It was actually quite beautiful and the kids had a great time getting wet and muddy. I understand now why you don't swim, you just look.
Ethan and Evie are watching a little crab bury itself


One of my favorite pictures from the beach - the shallow water was like glass




Evie said she found some caterpillars (mud covered weeds)
This couple brought a crab for the kids to see
It didn't take long for Ethan to sit down and totally soak himself.




Okay, maybe this is my favorite picture from the day. It was a darling site walking behind them.


Dylan, Joel and Ethan

Needless to say we weren't the only ones there...

A nice spot to watch the sunset


A few street vendors across from the beach
A quick rinse before getting into the car


Grilled Squid, a Taiwanese favorite

Ethan, chilling with daddy on the way home


I never thought I would be the parent who thought Portable DVD players are genius but I am

No comments:

Post a Comment