Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grandma Joyce's Birthday

I rode at Sycamore Canyon this morning - a hiker-biker trail about 15 minutes bike from the Smith's home in Riverside. While I was daydreaming on my ride I thought to myself - California winter must be why 23 million people live in So Cal. It was the perfect temperature outside, flowers are in bloom, the hills are green, the air is fresh, we have had a little rain so the trails aren't too dusty...it doesn't get much better than this.


I feel so blessed; I could be one of the million people sitting in their car right now in bumper-to-bumper traffic but instead I have the chance to enjoy a beautiful morning ride. I appreciate Joel so much, for always trying to help with the kids and give me a minute to myself.
Sycamore Canyon is full of fun single track trails



After lunch we stopped by the store to see Grandma and Grandpa. Today is Grandma Joyce's birthday and Evie wanted to bring her some flowers. Their new building is so beautiful. Pictures don't do it justice, it is so much more impressive in person.

Evie and Grandma Joyce. I suppose soon enough Evie will be asking to ride one for real...

However, Ethan seems like a bit more of a natural

Joel and his brother Alexander

A quick picture from the front entrance.

We enjoyed a nice Italian dinner at Romano's. It was fun to have the whole family together. Left: Joel's sister's Ashley and Louise & Kathy, Joyce's sister-in-law. Right: Evie & I, Malcolm, Joyce and Joel's brother, Alexander.

And here is Ethan...he was a pistol all night. Joel spent most of dinner walking him around outside until he was too cold and had to come in to warm up.

Of course the kids loved playing in the fountain

Ethan could have played there all night...

Kathy and Malcolm walking Ethan to the car. He soaked grandpa and himself enough.

Grandma and Evie - enjoying one of grandma's birthday chocolates


It is fun being here to celebrate such happy times with the family

No comments:

Post a Comment